Healthcare Triangle Implemented Enterprise Cloud Foundation for a Leading Pharmaceutical Company
Our customer is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics and a leader in personalized healthcare. They are world’s largest biotech company, with differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Our customer specializes in in-vitro diagnostics, tissuebased cancer diagnostics and is a frontrunner in diabetes management. They focus on advancing science to improve human life and continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases. They also aim to improve patient access to medical innovations through collaboration with suitable stakeholders.
Our customer wanted to architect and implement a multi-cloud enterprise cloud foundation which has to be highly secured and built to meet HIPAA and GxP compliance requirements.
They were looking for a partner who has hands-on experience in architecting and implementing multi-cloud enterprise foundation with guardrails and approached Healthcare Triangle.
With the necessary tools and technology, Healthcare Triangle has architected and implemented enterprise cloud foundation for the top three of the largest five pharma companies and various other healthcare organizations. We have proven experience in providing continuous HIPAA / GxP compliance and security.
We defined the reference architecture for customer’s enterprise cloud foundation which includes, security, compliance, networking and DevOps. We had to implement the enterprise cloud foundation using DevOps principles and tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet & Python as per the client’s suggestion. Our solution consisted of the following:
- Installing a CI/CD pipeline to deploy infrastructure code in terraform
- Implementing the following security controls:
- Network Firewall (Palo Alto)
- WAF (Imperva)
- Vulnerability Testing (Qualys)
- Penetration Testing (Metasploit)
- Logging Aggregation (Splunk)
- Data Encryption (at rest & in-transit)
- Configuration management using Ansible & Puppet
- Multi-cloud billing dashboard using BigQuery & Tableau
- Google Cloud Identity and Access Management
- Google Cloud Directory Sync
- GCP Stackdriver
- GCP Audit Logs
- GCP FW & Cloud Armor WAF
- GCP VPN Gateway and Cloud Route
- Enterprise Cloud Foundation Architecture & Implementation
- Integration with Corporate IAM
- Integration with Corporate Network
- HPC & Big Data Analytics Platform
- Custom built App Migration
- Big Data
- COTS App Migration
After the successful implementation of enterprise cloud foundation, the following were the benefits achieved by our client:
- Ability to deploy application and data analytics pipeline for drug development and pharma research using advanced technologies
- The Google Cloud Platform consumption by client has steadily increased to a greater than $1 million a year and continues to grow